Thursday, February 6, 2014

Never Lose Sight of Your Worth

This pertains to every aspect of your life. Your worth is the main ingredient in how people perceive and treat you, so if you don't recognize it neither will anyone else. The worst thing you can do is give someone an open door to mistreat you, especially guys/girls. People only treat you the way you allow them to, so set parameters early and get the respect you deserve.

If someone you are dating isn't showing you that you are of importance or playing by your rules speak up. Growing up I was the timid kid that didn't like conflict and never took up for myself. And while I still don't like conflict I refuse to let someone disrespect me or treat me less than I deserve. Stand up for what you believe in and if that person can't get with it, let them go.

Jobs are another place where you have to teach people how to treat you. If you've ever worked in retail or customer service you are constantly told that "the customer is always right" but there's nothing right about rude people. It's okay to tell someone not to talk to you in a condescending way, even if it's your boss. Lol that's right I said your boss; people will continuously walk over someone that just takes the verbal abuse and never says anything; but people will respect someone that stands up for themselves, even if they don't like them.

Know your worth. Never let someone belittle you or defame your character. There will always be a rude person or someone that will test you, but once the test is given it's up to you to correct the failed attempt. Teaching someone how to treat you can be very draining, especially when you have to do it repetitively, but it's worth it. Put that confidence on and wear it. You are amazing and you deserve to be treated as such. I love and respect every last one of you all, thank you for rockin' with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment