Friday, February 7, 2014

5 reasons...

I miss College

5. Group Projects. I despised group projects my entire collegiate career until my senior year. Being that I was a Mass Communications major we had a lot of video production/news package group related work. I will never forget the fun we had bringing our creative ideas together, although trying at time lol. What really made the group projects worth while were the ones done with friends, those memories will forever be embedded in my brain.

*** Here is one of my favorite group projects we did for our favorite professor. We made a song out of all of her sayings and teachings throughout the semester.
Needless to say she had no idea we were doing it in-between
 our actual projects, and brought tears to her eyes.



4.
Class. When friends are in your classes, it just makes the class worth while, even if you don't like it lol. My senior year was filled with friends and people I knew so let's just say there were no dull moments lol. I remember there not being an attendance policy in Media Law class, and me and two of my best buds skipped class to go eat lol. Sometime we would even walk in super late, but we all passed and graduated so no worries lol.

3.
Naps. I don't know what it is about college that makes naps so amazing; maybe it's the utter appreciation for them because of the lack of sleep in college. I had a federal work study job from morning to noon and all afternoon classes so everyday after work I would rush to my apartment to get a quick hour and a half- two hour (if I pushed it to the limit lol) power nap before class. I miss those coma naps more than anything.

2.
Food stamps. A lot of people don't know this, but if you're a full time student in college and have a federal work study job, working at least 20 hours a week you are eligible for food stamps. And for a broke college student such as myself that was music to my ears lol. I'm proud to say my roommates and I never ate ramen noodles or pb&j sandwiches, we ate good ! Shout out to all the Georgia taxpayers that contributed to my academic success through nutrition lol.

1.
 Refund checks. If you've ever attended college this is a no-brainer, well unless you paid out of pocket for your education, at which I commend you for; but for everyone else, those refunds were EVERYTHING ! Refund checks use that to float - J. Cole. You could always tell when the refund dropped before you even received a notification because twitter would be buzzing about the "Refund parties" lol. Plus there's nothing like a big lump sum of money to save, splurge on food or clothes, or all three like I did lol.

*** Guess what Ryders:
Today marks our 100th post !!! Thanks so much for all of the continued support, I really love you guys ! Here's to a million more !

No comments:

Post a Comment