Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Love the person you are now before you love the person you are becoming

Whitney once said: "learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all". Aww what the hell, you need to hear it for yourself ! lol And if you know nothing of this legend of a vocalist, here's your introduction... you're welcome.

  
   
That song really just look me back to my childhood; I can remember being a brownie in Girl Scouts and it was my favorite at the time. I understood the words, but couldn't really feel them until now. It saddens me that children in this generation don't have positive music such as this to listen to; everything is either sex, drugs, or materialistically driven.

I could easily preach about loving yourself, but the truth is it has to be something you come to. I know because I had to learn how to love myself, and it did not happen overnight. More often than not, we are our worst critics in life. It wasn't until I took a deep look in the mirror that I started to love what I saw; and I must say it took some convincing. There's always that voice in your head second guessing everything because of others opinions combined with our belief of other's opinions, but you have to fight through that.

You are beautiful. You are intelligent. You are worthy. All it takes is for you to actually believe it, that's the first step. It's great to love the person you are becoming, there is so much potential in what you can be, but love who you are now, it starts on the inside. Work on the you now, so that the you later will be even more spectacular. Shut off the phone, TV, tablet, and anything else that distracts you and start working on loving yourself; look in the mirror, write the things you love about yourself, and the things you don't and can improve on, spend time alone; whatever it takes put in the work... you are worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment