Friday, February 21, 2014

5 reasons...

These songs are my All time favorite

5.
Jay-Z- Lost One. This is the realest song I've ever heard. When you break down the dichotomy of relationships, and still know your worth, that's some amazing shit! lol. Let go to get one, lose some to win some... Story of a champion, sorry I'm a champion. The beauty about this song is that it applies to everything: professional, personal, & everything in-between. Jay-Z is one of those transparent artist that will give you the real whether it's good or bad, to me that's what makes him such a success. Moral of this classic is, know your worth or no one else will.

4.
Bobby Womack-If you think you're lonely now. This is an oldy but goody. There's something so great about a guy doing right and standing up for himself. It's a story: She's always complaining about me never being at home, but when I'm there I'm broke... I can't be in two places at one time. You have to hear it if you haven't, for all you women that don't appreciate a hardworking man, if you think you're lonely now... wait until tonight girl !

3.
Jesse Powell- You. I fell in love with this song at the age of 10. I've always said I wanted this song to be played at me wedding. This is one of those real love songs, that makes you feel like meeting someone that loves everything about you is attainable. The way you walk, the way you talk, the way you say my name your smile... I just wanna be yours from this day forward.

2.
Prince- Adore. Until the end of time I'll be there for you, you own my heart and mind... I truly adore you. What girl wouldn't want to hear those words from someone they love? It's a classic that will live on forever. I'm a sucker for sappy storytelling love songs, it's like taking the journey and living vicariously through the words lol. P.S. I had to stop myself from typing all the lyrics, because they are THAT good !

1.
Maxwell- This Woman's Work. If you're like me, your introduction to this song came from the movie Love and Basketball, which happens to be my favorite movie. I should be cryin' but I just can't let it show, should be hoping but I can't stop thinking... All the things we should have said that we never said, all the things we should have done that we never did. Although this is a remake from British singer Kate Bush, he makes it his own and in doing so, makes you drawn to the emotion behind it. Maxwell plus a falsetto is audible gold.

2 comments:

  1. Your top three are my top three!!!! I want Jesse at my wedding too!!! OMG We're twins lol

    ReplyDelete