Monday, December 23, 2013

Oblivion is B L I S S !

Have you ever just sat and thought about all of things you didn't know about, and how awful it was when you came to know the truth? I've been thinking about the concept of living in oblivion, and I question if it would be better to not know certain things.

It's amazing how your perspective can be changed in an instance. I look back on my childhood and think about how I viewed certain people, as well as my influences. It never really occurs to you that something could be the opposite of what it really is or not happen the way you had envisioned when you're young; For instance...when I was younger, I knew I wanted to be a writer because I loved creating stories, but it never once crossed my mind that I wouldn't become a writer or the obstacles I would face to obtain that dream. The most tragic thing in adulthood is a reality check lol. They open yours eyes, build character, and test your endurance. And although those can be great things if viewed in an optimists' eyes, I often wish I had that same nonchalant attitude I did as a child.

Present-day, oblivion is welcomed in adulthood lol. Just think of all the heartbreaking things that happen in life: death, divorce, accidents, bills (yes I put that in bold red lol), and the overall struggle that comes with being an adult. I'd love to live in bliss without a worry in the world, and go back to my carefree mentality as a child. There is so much promise and imagination in the world when you are young, and as you grow, life begins to suck all of that out of you. So I'm working now to restore some of those characteristics that I once loved about myself; And in doing so I created my blog months ago. After going to college and taking several creative writing classes and learning the technicalities of writing, it took away the fun in it. Therefore I have to bring that fun back in order to write and actually love what I'm doing.

Well that's it, don't want to keep you guys on this Monday before Christmas lol. But let me know what you think: Is oblivion bliss? or Is it better to know? Leave your comments below and let's talk !

No comments:

Post a Comment