Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Instances in Life

The spontaneity of life never seizes to amaze me. No matter how you plan out your life and envision it to be, there will always be an instance that alters your life in some way; it could be minute or drastic, a message or an experience... and most important of all you will never know when it's coming. That instance could come out of nowhere and change your entire viewpoint on life.

You could witness a tragic addict that alters the way you value things in your life. You could randomly meet your soul mate today. You could get a callback from that job you applied for months ago and hadn't heard from. Life is unpredictable, and the only one certain of the outcome is God. Follow his path he won't lead you astray.

I had a life altering instance July 3, 2008 at approximately 6 am. I woke up to a missed call from my cousin, which was weird because it was summer & he's never up that early. Long story short, my mother and I were alerted and shocked to find out that my Aunt had been robbed and shot in the head at her job by an ex employee and was being airlifted to Atlanta Medical. She was in a coma for 2 long weeks and my mother never left her side. Doctors said she wouldn't make it, but when she did wake up they said she would be a vegetable, then when she spoke and was cursing out nurses & trying to be in control like her usual feisty self, they said nothing. God has the final say, and that was when my belief of God grew stronger. Prior to that incident my mom and I were struggling and worrying about bills, and I would pray and pray and it seemed as if nothing would happen, and I began to lose faith. That incident with my Aunt restored my faith and gave me hope. Present day, my Aunt can do everything on her own: walk, talk, cook... well use the microwave lol etc. That ex employee tried to take her life, but God showed up and protected his child. No man can stand a chance against the power of God !

I say all of this to say, pay attention to life's unexpected instances. They are God's reality checks. Each instance is designed to make you think differently, and ultimately become a better person. Keep your eyes open, you could have a life altering instance heading your way as we speak !

No comments:

Post a Comment