Friday, October 25, 2013

5 reasons...

Why I want a Pen Pal



5. It's classic. While the world is constantly rushing and impatient with texts, emails, and social medial, I want to practice patience by enjoying an oldy but goody... postage mail. I want the entire process: college ruled paper, ink pen, envelopes and stamps. I want to hold on to this vintage idea as long as I can, because it's a scary thought, but my children and definitely my grandchildren won't ever know what a letter from "snail mail" actually is smh lol.

4. Mail ! I may be the only person on the planet that loves to get mail, especially letters lol. How amazing it would be to have a letter to look forward to on a regular basis. I want that old childhood feeling back.

3. Different Perspective. I would love to have a pen pal in another country. Ideally this person would know how to write detailed and eloquently so that I could essentially be in two places at once. It would be great to know how life is in another country, and compare and contrast lifestyles.

2. Reminds me of my childhood. I was the child that loved to receive mail, I'd get letters from my dad, cards from my mom's boyfriend, and although I would see her every weekend, my cousin and I would write each other every week. It started as letters, but blossomed into stories that were quite amazing if I do say so myself.

1. It's personal. People don't enjoy the simple things in life like a handwritten letter. You can see if a person is left handed or right, how beautiful or awful they write lol, and all of the imperfections that makes it intimate and a keepsake. I don't want a typed letter, I want to see how great of a speller you are without the help of a machine lol.

*Disclaimer: These aren't my photographs, I picked them because they portrayed my message perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment