Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Embrace the unpredictability of Life

There is only one constant in life...change. No matter how set in your ways or familiar you would like things to remain, the fact of the matter is, some things are beyond your control. I know this may be a hard thing to grasp for most control freaks, but life is the most unpredictable thing in the world. You can plan your entire life out exactly how you want it, follow those steps, and expect those outcomes, but when life happens...it happens regardless.

This is a message to people like myself that are sometimes hesitant to go with the flow. Like I've said previously... "those that don't think God has a sense of humor do not know my life". I say that because I envisioned what I wanted my future to look like, planned it, and went for it, but when God has other plans for your life you have to obey and go with the flow. At 24, I've learned so much about life and myself this year than I ever have. God has been speaking to me, and while I ignored majority of it, I am finally listening and letting things manifest naturally.

I've learned that in some cases, it's best to let things play out and go from there. Take it from me, it's so stressful trying to essentially "play God" and work out the kinks before they happen. I pride myself on being a forward thinker, I have never thought in a mediocre manner, and I'm always thinking of the next step; However, because I'm a forward thinker I tend to over think a lot of things, and attempt to envision how a scenario will play out before it happens. But with life, there are no certainties...in a split second your entire world could change. I'm learning to embrace the unpredictability of life and enjoy it all...the good, bad and ugly.

Don't stress over things beyond your control. Do the best you can and God will provide the protection and support you need. This life is not guaranteed, don't spend it worrying about everything, enjoy the spontaneity of it all. Embrace the inevitable changes in life and go with the flow, set yourself free !

No comments:

Post a Comment