Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Selfish Mindset is Allowed... Every So Often


It's okay to be selfish, in fact I recommend it; And when I say selfish I mean being attentive to your needs for a change and loving yourself. Every so often you should take time for yourself and focus on your well being. It could be an hour out of everyday that you take time to do something for yourself; or it could be once a week, the beauty about it is that it's completely up to you.

With all of the stress and pressure that adulthood brings, something so simple as spending time alone... something that should be a no-brainer, is almost always put on the back burner. And for those that have kids, jobs, school, and the ever draining balancing act of juggling relationships with family, friends and significant others, there's hardly any time in the day to breathe. However, that time alone is just as essential as breathing.

Some of my favorite things to do alone is go to the nail salon for a relaxing pedicure, get a massage (there are great deals on Groupon, LivingSocial, and Halfoffdepot), go to the park, write, enjoy a glass of wine while read a good book, or just watch a movie. You don't have to do these things, but the point is to do something you enjoy to balance the chaos of life.Just as you work to maintain relationships with others, the most important one is the relationship you have with yourself. Treat yourself, you deserve it.

Another thing I recently discovered that I enjoyed was eating alone. I'd always thought people that ate alone in restaurants were so brave and liberated, and after partaking, I'm glad I did. There's something so empowering about being confident enough to sit alone and spend time with yourself. As I always like to say: Self love is the best love. Learn to enjoy your own company, you will never be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true I used to think certain places you only go with someone until I went out to breakfast alone I enjoyed it I'm learning to really enjoy me

    ReplyDelete