Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Speak it into fruition

 
I know I can, be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be 
First I want to start by saying, if you know nothing of the genius that is Nasir Jones aka Nas, you are depriving yourself of true lyricism. No matter what, he's guaranteed to give you real colloquialisms, stories, and history lessons over a dope beat.

Fruition is the attainment of anything desired. So when you speak things into fruition, you give your desires life. You are what you think; you can be a pessimist or an optimist, the choice is yours.


It's so easy to see the negative in any situation and assume that it will always be; but to look for the light at the end of every tunnel is a challenge, and if you're like me... challenges are welcomed. 

So what you didn't get that job, you'll find a better one; Or you're going through a hardship, did it ever occur to you that God gives he greatest battles to his best soldiers, and that after every storm the sun will shine again? And maybe decisions from your past have made for a trying few years, keep going... if you're at your rock bottom the only direction to go is up, and when I say up I mean higher than your wildest dreams up !

I recently had two instances where I jokingly spoke things into existence, and realized it after the fact. 
* So around this time last year I was fed up with the entire male species and wanted a change, not a "switch teams" kind of change but something different. I kept saying I wanted to date outside my race, okay what I really said was... I wanted something "bad and foreign" lol. And low and behold I met an initially annoying Indian guy a few months later lol, but after getting to know each other and dating for months then deciding it wouldn't work, he has now become my best friend. 
 * Then, after quitting my carrier job at the post office in May of last year, and was completely broke after several failed attempts at regaining employment, I continuously joked to my Mom about getting a check in the mail. And in August I received a check from the post office, it wasn't much but it was something, and I couldn't believe I had actually talked myself up a check.

If you take nothing else from this post or my entire blog, I hope that you walk away with hope and optimism in your heart. Everything is attainable if you believe. No matter what obstacles you face, because they will come in abundance, always remember why you are doing it; remember the prize at the end, and the passion driving you to do so. You are only as great as you allow yourself to be, so stop holding back and show me whatcha' got !

No comments:

Post a Comment