Friday, January 10, 2014

5 reasons...

My childhood was AWESOME

5.

How many of you remember those Disney Original Movies ? they had a premier date and time every Friday. I listed some of my favorite above, but Johnny Tsunami is still hands down my favorite; Not only did it capture every emotion, but it also co-starred Lee Thompson Young aka The Famous Jett Jackson ! (Rip). And might I add they were the originators of "Bra" lol.

4. 

Crash Bandicoot single-handedly changed the game ! I remember when it came out, I didn't have a PlayStation but wanted it nonetheless. Luckily my spoiled best friend had it, and I can remember us going straight to his house after school to get our daily fix.

3. 

Giga Pets are major throwback but was everything to us. This was our first glance at the future, as we all malnourished and killed our virtual pets lol.

2.

 I just want to start by saying that Google had no idea what a "Candy Lady" was lol. I had to search candy fundraisers instead lol. Maybe this was only a hood exclusive, but our Candy-Lady was the ish, she had everything: Candy, Pickles, Chips, Drinks... everything a kid desired. She may have retired off of my crew alone lol.

1. 

If you don't know who Captain Planet is kill yourself now ! lol not really, but consider yourself cheated of greatness. We're the Planeteers you can be one too cause' saving our planet is the thing to do, looting and polluting is not the way, hear what Captain Planet has to say ! The Power is Yours !  That theme song is forever embedded in my memory lol. This is before recycling and global warming... this cartoon was so forward-thinking and revolutionary. It's definitely a classic.


***Bonus: This past weekend, my cousin (who is 11) Told me I was old because I was born in the 1900s. Definitely goes in the books as one of the funniest things I've ever heard ! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment