Friday, January 24, 2014

5 reasons...

My favorite movies are the ishhh !

5.
And the finale ! This is hands down the best gangsta movie I've ever seen. There are so many epic parts, I can't choose my favorite. This movie encompasses the perspective of what goes down in the hood in every element: you have Nino and Gee Money the drug dealers, Pookie the crackhead, and Scotty the undercover cop that finds out Nino killed his mother. One of my favorite quotes, that is less vulgar and appropriate for blogging is: "It's always business, never personal"; and while unfortunate in the movie, those are certainly words to live by.

4.
This one's for the ratchets ! lol I had to do it. As hood, warped-minded, and dysfunctional as this movie is, it's still one of my favorite's. There is an underlying message most don't get, but if you really pay attention it speaks volumes to a lost generation. And in-between fights, shoot-outs and relationships drama's I managed to obtain one of my favorite quotes to start the day: "Today I begin a new life, for I am the master of my abilities and today will be a great and beautiful day".

3.
And the love continues... but stay with me, it takes a turn in a second lol. The movie is so timeless and simple. And maybe I gravitate to this movie because I've met someone online that turned into a relationship, but this movie is gold! You gotta love a movie with Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks with a sprinkle of Dave Chappelle lol. But when they meet in the park and Kathleen says: "I wanted it to be you" my heart melts and I almost want to cry (yes almost, I'm still a G lol).

2.
Yes ! I'm a sucka for love lol can't help it, always have been. This movie is everything ! Love, Spoken Word, and Vulnerability at it's height. There's something amazing when actor's mesh so well it feels real. And when Darius says: "I love you... and that's urgent like a motherf#@*&!" it's like all the stars align for a magical moment in film history.

1. 
How can you not love this combination of genius? Sanaa and Omar are magic on film! This has been my favorite movie since it came out in 2000, and I know every word verbatim lol. Remarkable acting, dope soundtrack, and it evokes every emotion. This is a modern day love story, and what makes it brilliant is it's honesty... flaws and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment