Friday, January 3, 2014

5 reasons...

I don't make New Years Resolutions



5. I never do it. I'm a realest and in order to be so, I cannot lie to myself. What's the point in making a list of things I'm not going to complete, only to feel crappy at the end of the year for not doing it? lol

4. Spontaneity. I live for spontaneous instances in life. I refuse to attempt to plan out everything because if there is one predominate thing that I learned in 2013, it's that God has the final say. Sure I can plan a few some things, but ultimately I am following the path he has for me.

3. Words are nothing. I know you're probably thinking "did she really just say that as a writer?" Yes. Words are nothing without execution, therefore I'd rather just do it as opposed to saying I will. Don't talk about it, be about it !

2. Fresh Start. The New Year allows for a clean slate and a fresh start. The root word in resolution is resolve, meaning a purpose or determination. As long as I make every effort to make 2014 better than 2013 while keeping God first, I can resolve anything.

1. Cliché. Everybody does it, and nobody... well at least nobody I know actually sticks to it lol. So in my efforts to always remain unique and unorthodox, I choose not to partake in such activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment