Wednesday, November 20, 2013

No one's success story is the same

Although people may have things that make them similar, no one has an identical success story. The paths traveled may be slightly the same, but more often than not, they are unique in their own way. Just think of what you want to be or contribute to the world. What is your gift that you want to share? Not everyone has the same talent, and it's up to you to showcase yours in a professional manner so that people will respect and appreciate what you have to offer.

I remember saying several times, primarily right before graduating college last year, that I wish there was a blueprint for writers. I was so frustrated and lost, but knew I had a talent to write, yet no real idea of where to start. I thought of the teacher blueprint, everything is lined up for you, you have the classes, tests, presentations, and hands on experience with internships; same thing with nurses, everything is drawn out for you, and you are certain to attain a nursing job with a great salary right after graduation. I on the other hand, am approaching my one year anniversary of graduation, without successfully obtaining employment from my major thus far. However, I decided to take my destiny and create my own blueprint. I think of the great author's that simply wrote nonstop to get out their gifts, and eventually went on to be on the New York Times Best Sellers list. That's what I'm shooting for... one step at a time. The blog is my first step and eventually I will start writing books simultaneously so that both my mediums will help each other.

Don't allow someone else's success to dictate how successful you can be. No one has the same story, therefore their success stories won't be the same either. The most common thing I've seen in all successful people is their ability to be fearless and brave. You have to believe in your talent in order to make someone else. Think of something you've loved doing for free and go for it. Sure the jump start may not bring in revenue, but in time, if you are dedicated, the money will come. Someone could see your work and want you apart of their business, or refer you to someone that has a similar niche. You never know until you go for it, so stop being afraid and show the world what you've got, you'll be so glad you did. No one's success story is the same, so create your own and make it interesting !


* By the way Ryders... this is our 50th post ! Thanks for all of the continued support, I would be nothing without you all... the love is abundantly real!

No comments:

Post a Comment