Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Is success + love attainable?

I talk a lot about following dreams, setting goals and completing them, and living a fulfilling life, but the truth is I'm secretly... or maybe not so secretly a hopeless romantic lol. Of course I want to look my dream directly in the eye, but I also want to look someone that loves me and supports me directly in the eyes as well and know that we are secure and one.

I often question if success and love are compatible, and if they are, is it possible to give each the same amount of attention. I look at people like Barack and Michelle, and Beyoncé and Jay-Z and question how they make it work. I mean... we are talking about some of the most successfully influential people, but also some of the most busiest people in the world. How do they find time? and how many arms are required for that balancing act?

What good is success without someone to share it with? Nothing if you ask me. I want to be able to share my successes with someone that believed in me from the start, someone that saw my potential before the world could. No number of Best Seller's could amount to the support and love of a significant other, but at the same time no significant other could amount to the Best Seller's list. Catch-22 lol as are all great things in life.

So if you know or are a person that is fairly successful in life, whatever your job may entail, and are fortunate enough to have someone you love or care for deeply... is success and love attainable simultaneously? Can you dedicate enough time to each or is it inevitable that one gets more attention than the other? I'd like to believe that there is a perfect balance beam, but the reality of that is life is a mix of unbalanced balances lol. Let's talk, what do you think? Can it be accomplished and have longevity? or is it a fairytale idealism?

No comments:

Post a Comment