Thursday, September 26, 2013

You never know until you KNOW !

First, I just have to say that the power of God amazes me daily; he blesses me with inspiration from so many different perspectives. These motivational pieces just let's me know that I am finally on the right track, doing what I was sent here to do.

Today I finally read a script that a friend, whom I've known since 6th grade, sent me Monday. I'd been putting it off, consumed with work and my own things, but each day he was on me to read it lol. So I finally did...and it was amazing ! He wrote a play about bullying, mind you, prior to this I didn't even know he could write. The message was so impactful and inspiring and I was so impressed. It's crazy how you can know someone for so long but not really know them.

Since I have taken my leap of faith and started my trek on this journey of living and breathing being a writer, things are naturally falling into place. Writing daily is so natural and therapeutic for me; I am fulfilled doing something I love for free, so once I get my big break, the money will just be an added incentive. I may have never read my friend's play had I not stopped running from my dream, because of fear of failure. People are gradually gravitating towards my work, and I am inspiring people to do things they've put off for years. This is why I am doing this, to reach people and show them that anything is possible.

Don't put things off until tomorrow, it may never come. Make the most of each day, lay your foundation and build your empire. Don't let negativity deter you from your goals, let it motivate you and drive you to go even harder to complete that goal. Don't shut people out, you never know who you may need in the future, or why that person was brought into your life.You truly never know until you KNOW !

"Can't should never be in a man's vocabulary, cause' when you say can't you ain't a man"
                      - Quote from my favorite movie Love & Basketball

This quote is not only true for men but everyone, never allow your fear to sustain you from becoming great !

4 comments: