Thursday, September 19, 2013

Enjoy the journey


Today was a great peaceful day to reflect. I woke up, I didn't go without food & water, I have a job, I have oxygen. As simplistic as that is, we often take the blessings of things we feel entitled to for granted. Today I vow to appreciate the simple things in life more; Fresh air, the sun, a cool breeze, nature, animals... Life. We are so caught up in what we don't have in life that we miss out on all the amazing things we've already acquired.

When I graduated my main focus was to land any good paying job so that I could get a new car, my own place & do whatever I want. While these are still things I want to accomplish, I am learning to appreciate the things that I do have, & allow God to bless me with more when the time is right. 

I challenge you to step outside of this materialist world this week for at least an hour... No phone, no TV, no distractions; and just live in the moment, after all, this is time you can never get back. Take a walk, go to the park, reflect on life, or help someone.

Enjoy this journey, no you may not be where you want to be right now, or maybe you are... But every instance in life ultimately makes you, you; make those instances worth while. Try and look at life from a different perspective and see how it changes things. Enjoy the ride, you only get one .

No comments:

Post a Comment