Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Whose Pet Are You?

Sunday I returned to the church I'd been led to two weeks prior for two reasons; 1. To apologize and 2. To gain clarity. I'm elated to say both of my tasks were accomplished and I felt such a weight lifted off me afterward.

For those that don't know, I had a negative reaction to prednisone that made me completely out of character, I won't go into details because it would spoil the book I intend to write, but it was no easy road to get through. There's no humanly possible way for me to go through EVERYTHING I went through and not seek God with every fiber of my being afterward, NO WAY !

The Bishop spoke on the phrase "teacher's pet" that resonated with me because I'd always been labeled exactly that, for majority of my educational career. Teacher's would gravitate towards me, always encouraging and inspiring me to operate at my full potential. Although the phrase often has a negative connotation to it, there's nothing negative about it. When you're someone's "pet" you are treated with the utmost respect; and as the Bishop said: "most animals are treated better than humans".

There's nothing negative about taking to someone and bettering yourself. So once I graduated from college, my "teacher's pet" days ended, but what I didn't realize was that I had been God's pet all along. Everyday he keeps showing me favor, and keeps giving me something to believe in. I don't know about you but I'll be his pet for eternity if it means I'll keep gettin' these perks and benefits.

So I wanna end by asking you, whose pet are you? And if you don't believe you are, explain your reasoning's. Until next time Ryders, have a good 1 !

1 comment: