Friday, September 12, 2014

5 Reasons...

Souled Out Is The Shit !



5. Confidence. She's the sexy hippie that intoxicates the world with her wit and W.A.Y.S. Every song exudes a sense of knowing and entitlement, something all women should possess. Tryna tell ya, when that self love is at an all-time high, lows don't exist.

4. Lyrics. A dope song has two important ingredients: 1. Dope lyrics & 2. A dope beat. And by dope I mean thought provoking with a gravitational pull.  Without the two a song can't be a hit. Brave is currently my favorite song on the album right now, and this line... this line right chea gives me ample amounts of life ! Please don't take my hand if you don't plan to take a stand and be a man who understands that I'm no walk in the park all these scars on my heart.

3. Brain-wave. It's safe to say she's mastered the art of double entendres. Blue Dream and The Pressure are prime examples. It's like Sail Out and Sailing Souls 2.0, she takes it back to her essence all while adding new flavor to her now matured and distinctive sound.

2. Relatability. I've loved Jhene' since back when she would get one song at the end of B2K's album, so to see her win I feel like I've won as well. She is my Pisces twin, and this album is speaking to my soul right now. She's 26. She's a Mom. She's spiritual. She's flawed. She's just like everybody else.

1. The Artistry. Some people say Jhene's the modern day Sade, but I say she's the modern day Jhene', only because she's completely herself and shouldn't be compared, although to her I'm sure it's an honor, when you think of creating your legacy you ultimately wanna be remembered for being you.

Here's a little 5 Reasons Friday treat, enjoy !

Please do not drive me crazy, crazy unless ya gonna go... with me

No comments:

Post a Comment