Thursday, June 12, 2014

Would You Choose Love over Success?

If you had to pick between the two which would it be? Go with your first mind but choose wisely, considering you can't choose both. So... what did you go with?

I choose love 1st, last & forever. Some people may be surprised by my choice, especially those that know my strong desire to become a professional writer; but before I tell you why I chose love, be mindful that my choice should not deflect or alter yours. Instances in life will change the way you think, so always keep an open mind.


Love is my choice because I have a fear of being alone... forever, there I said it. Nothing can amount to love, no amount of money or accolade can equate to the high true love gives you. If I had to choose, I'd choose to have a successful love than a successful career. That's not to say that I would drop my aspirations for my true love, it just means I'd know how to prioritize.

Success, while enticing, can allot a plethora of opportunities that could lead to higher accomplishments, but what's success if you have no one to share it with? Success won't hold you at night, listen when you need to vent, or offer encouraging words when you're being your worst critic. 

You may not agree with everything I've said, but the fact still stands that no one wants to grow old alone. And no one wants a meaningful career without the love and support of at least one person you trust. I want to leave a legacy of love, not only through my words but through my actions. A legacy that effortlessly speaks for itself, and represents peace and positivity... ultimately love would be my success.

1 comment: