Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Affirmations are sent directly from God

Have you ever had someone tell you, you were going to be something, were good at something, or had a certain gift? Believe it, even if you don't see it because you never know what God has placed on someones heart to pass on to you.

At the age of 5 I fell in love with books, I was and still am an avid reader, and I was a regular at the local library (still is so lol). I found that books were great for many things: entertainment, vicarious living, and explaining life's hardest challenges.

I can remember reading this book, and I'll never forget it called Beanpole. I believe I was about 10, and was amongst the tallest in my class. At 10 no one wants to stand out or be picked on so I was very self conscious and insecure about my height. But that book changed my entire perspective, although it didn't happen overnight, I embraced my height and saw that I was made as God intended.

Throughout school I had several teachers tell me I was a great writer, my affirmation often coming in the form of As on countless papers. One of which would have received a hundred had I not turned it in a day late. That very paper was my affirmation in 7th grade; Mr. Kush , my then history teacher wrote me a healthy paragraph telling me how great of a writer I was. But I still wasn't sure if that was what I was supposed to be doing. I received the same message throughout college, but was still hesitant and unsure; Now that I look back, I guess I was unsure if I wanted to be great or not.

Fast-forward to present day, this blog is my biggest affirmation yet. I was fearful that no one would read it. I didn't think anyone would care. I didn't think anyone would be affected. All of my fears proved to be wrong. And because of you all I write when I don't feel like it, or don't care to share because I know it will help someone. This blog is therapeutic for me, all of you Ryders help me more than you know, the comments or even just a page view matters to me.

You know that saying: "God works in mysterious ways?" Believe it ! He's not gonna always come directly to you because you may not receive it, but he will place people in your life and use them as a vessel. If there is something you love doing, comes natural to you, and people see that and tell you you're going to be great... Believe it because it's coming from God. Stop second guessing yourself, you are God's creation and he doesn't make anything but the best; it's time you start living up to your potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment