Friday, March 7, 2014

5 reasons...

I want to go Speed Dating !


5. Something Different. It's 2014, long gone are the days of running into people at the supermarket, library, and bars. It still happens, but social media has taken over. There are more people meeting from Twitter & Instagram than dating sights. So how bad can it be? I've done it once in college at a Pre-Valentine's Day event and found it hilarious how nervous the guys were. Luckily, one of my roommates sat next to me and we laughed all night. I'd prefer not to have an experience like that again lol, carrying a conversation can be draining... it needs to flow & mesh well. 2nd times a charm? Possibly.

4. No blame game. Have you ever been out on a really crappy date and realized that there's no chance in hell you'll see this person again? Lol I have...several times ! And a few times (on 2 lol) I felt like the "bad guy", but with speed dating it's okay and isn't held against you if you don't feel a connection.

3. No sugar-coating or prolonging. It's straight to the point, sure a few minutes isn't enough time to know if you've met a great catch (unless of course there's love at first sight lol); but it can certainly tell you if you want to converse & be around someone again.

2. New People. This is a great way to meet new people; the optimist in me thinks that if there is no attraction (because we all know that's important) but similar interests, a great friendship can be formed.

1. Could find love. Who knows? I've heard of people finding their soul mates in the oddest places. I definitely wouldn't count out speed dating. Just think, you can go on 10+ dates within an hour, pretty cool... well unless they all suck ! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment