Friday, July 11, 2014

5 reasons...

I Thought Thrifting Would Be For Me
(Warning: You will be entertained lol)

* So I went Thrifting for the first time last Friday and was discouraged and dissatisfied with my experience. See how what could have been the beginning of something great, went left... FAST !

5.
"Gently Worn". You gotta get that dirt off ya shoulder ! lol I don't know if it was the thrift store I went to, or if it was just me, but I felt dirty after leaving lol. There's this weird smell that all thrift stores have, and the clothes looked old and dusty. I know you can wash them but, I couldn't find anything worth buying because of the presentation; And in my world, presentation is EVERYTHING !

4.
Unique Selection. Thrift stores are supposed to be the perfect place to find vintage yet trendy gear. This is where all of the "eclectics" come to piece together their latest ensemble... I am not one of them lol. The patterns and designs I saw weren't pleasing to the eye, at least not mine. I learned my lesson though... Thrifting ain't for everybody ! lol

3. 
Daily Specials/Coupons. Crazy to think Thrift stores offer discounts and coupons but it's true, they even have a VIP ! In fact, the only reason I went was because I had a coupon for half off my entire purchase, and somehow I left sad and empty handed it. But don't worry, I convinced myself that I was doing the right thing by saving money once I got in the car lol.

2.
Dirt Cheap. Already low prices, half off color sticker days, and half off coupons... what more could you ask for right? I tried my hardest to pick through everything and find a gem, but there was nothing that seemed as if it had the potential to shine lol. 

1.
  In The Bloodline. So I come from a long line of Thrifters, I'm talkin' from my late Grandma (whom I miss dearly :(), to Aunts,Cousin's, and even my Mom. So naturally, I'd assumed someone had passed down the baton to me, but I found my assumption to be wrong... dead wrong ! If they did, I certainly dropped it, and never looked back ! lol

***Disclaimer: I didn't write this to offend or deter people of the Thrifting world. This is my opinion and my experience only. I'm not saying I won't ever go back, but my first stab at it was a complete fail lol.

1 comment: