Monday, June 6, 2016

Comparison Is The Thief Of Joy

If you've wanted to know what your classmates have been up to, or how they're living, you'll know that social media is the devil. And I say that because it gives you a false positive. You see, most people on social media like to flex; so here you are all down and out because you feel you aren't living up to the standard of your fellow classmates, while most of them are frontin' and flexin' on the daily.

I used to beat myself up in college, because I graduated a year later than I was "projected" to. And when I sat down, I realized it only mattered to me, and everyone in my life that supported me was just happy that I was graduating at all.

Don't let someone else's perspective interfere with your own. Nobody's life is better than the next, no matter what you see on social media. Take the time to focus on your own growth, and just simply live.

The only competition you should be in is with yourself. Stop worrying about the next man and get with your best plan, at your future. This life is a one-shot opportunity, don't waste it consumed with the lives of others that ultimately have nothing to do with your personal growth and prosperity.

Keep your joy. Live your life. Compare your new self to your old self.

No comments:

Post a Comment