Tuesday, May 24, 2016

NOMO FOMO

Do you sometimes wish you could be in two places at once? Do you get anxiety about missing things/events? Do you get jealous when your friends go out and you can't make it? Chances are you have a fear of missing out. You'd be surprised how many people have it, so many people want to create memories, and the thought of missing out on them can be overwhelming.

In college I struggled a lot with F.O.M.O. I'm a city girl so moving to a small town was a big adjustment. I remember looking at friends and cousin's Instagram hating that I couldn't make it to a club, dinner, or where ever because it was almost two hours away, and I had a paper due or school commitment the next day. I was in a rush to graduate because I was tired of missing out on the fun, or so I thought.

I'm here to tell you that, looking back, I didn't miss out on anything that wasn't destined for me to experience. Enjoy life. You aren't missing anything. You are exactly where you need to be, don't second guess it. And please know that things aren't always as they seem. Sure those pics on Insta look like people are having the time of their lives, when in reality that smile could fade just as quickly as the flash on their cameras.

I hate to keep mentioning J Cole but you've truly gotta Love Yourz. There's no such thing as a life that's better than yours. Stop comparing your life to peers, everyone's journey is different for a reason. Just enjoy life, don't force it. Everything that is meant for you will come, just have a little faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment