Friday, October 31, 2014

5 Reasons...

I took a Hiatus  
5. Butterfly Effect. Within the time-span of 3 months my wings have been expanding and are almost ready for lift-off. I have been transitioning and becoming the Candis I've always desired to be. With that being said, I had to let go of my caterpillar ways so that I could break out of my cocoon to soar at my highest potential the way God intended.
4. Questionable Mentions. One of the primary reasons I had to step back from blogging was the uncertainty of readers. I would give everything and an extra 10% in all of my work and felt like nobody was receiving it. This is solely because I seldom received feedback; I've found that people are either shy, indifferent or oblivious to the comments section under my posts lol. But it's all good, if y'all love it and receive it that's all that matters to me, because I'm out to make a difference.
3. Battery Recharge. I can't remember the last time I took time for myself to really just relax and do nothing. I have spent my entire life being productive: working, educating myself and writing. This is the time I have the time (and grateful I am) to chill and recharge my batteries. I put so much focus on this empire I've envisioned, but Rome wasn't built in a day right?
2. Altered Perspective. I knew I had to step back from writing once I began to do it for the money. I was so hungry for instant gratification that I would over-extend myself and spend money I didn't have "investing in myself." I had to come to realize that the money will come, I just have to sow my seed and watch it flourish.
1. Life. As the saying goes "shit happens" and completely knocked me off my rocker. Got me down to my knees and I had no other choice at that point but to stay in position and pray. I had to cut some things out of my life, and more importantly people; It's all in preparation for what's to come in the future, and I can't have anything holding me back for the 99 and the 2000 ! lol

I'll neva let ya down Imma shine on sight !

1 comment: